Friday, July 26, 2013

Laundry of that lovely absurd summer we wanted so

While going through the photographs from the memory cards I realized there were some taken before the trip to Lapland. These were taken at Petikko on July 16th, the day before we started the journey northwards.

I'm thinking that perhaps I should make a photo book from the photographs from the trip to northern Finland, using the same process and format as in my SoFoBoMo photo books. It would require a bit of extra effort, but having a printed book in hand would be nice, and of course there would be an on-line (PDF etc.) version as well.

But what would be a good title for the book? "Up north and up hills - Vuokatinvaara and Sallatunturit" would be a possibility. Or just "Walking up hills in northern Finland". I think I would focus on the photographs taken while walking at the hills of Vuokatinvaara, and those taken at the hills of Sallatunturit. However, maybe the book could contain some of the other photographs from the trip as well, but I'm not sure how they would fit the theme.

I have so far gone through about 1/3 of the photographs, but there is still plenty to go through. After this phase I should be able to decide whether to try making a photo book or not.

(Posting title is from the poem O. by Robin Blaser.)

No comments: