Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Teach us to seize, to use, to sleep well, to let go

It has been rather cold recently, but later this week the temperature should go up again, to +7 °C at night and +12 °C in the afternoon. But I expect the warmer weather won't last long.

It used to be that I was able to process photographs from my walks almost immediately, latest the next day. But now I have almost 1400 photographs waiting for processing, and it may be that I won't be able to go through them before next weekend.

These photographs were taken over a week ago in Vaakkoi.

(Posting title is from the poem Private and Profane by Marie Ponsot.)

2 comments:

Francesco said...

Perhaps you have explained it in another post, but I am curious what kind of cataloguing method - if any - do you use for a such great amount of photos. Best regards, Francesco

Juha Haataja said...

Francesco, my method is far from good, but at least I doesn't require too much effort:

1. import photographs to Aperture
2. delete 90-95% of the photographs taken
3. move family photographs to a separate folder for the current year, other photographs to another (yearly) folder
4. upload the new crop of photographs to Flickr
5. select some photographs from Flickr to make a posting at Light Scrape

Step 2 is the most important one. I seldom return to the photographs I have taken, except for the family photographs. For me photography is a matter of taking photographs, not so much looking at them afterwards.