Sunday, March 30, 2014

Oh pale and brittle pencils ever to try

Today I continued spring cleaning, doing various chores for 4-5 hours in all. Also, I finally changed summer tires to the bicycle. I noticed that the rear winter tire starts to be a bit worn, but it should hold another winter, at least all the studs are still ok. Next week seems to be a bit colder, but at least there isn't any snow in the weather forecast.

Yesterday I walked for 2 1/2 hours, and at lake Tränuhals there was a pair of whooper swans making loud noises. The Panasonic LX5 is a wide-angle camera, only 90 mm (equiv.) in the tele end, so I couldn't take photographs in which the swans would be visible except as tiny white forms. I could have tried to approach closer, but I didn't want to risk disturbing the birds. And anyway, I'm more interested in the landscape than in the animals as subject of my photographs.

(Posting title is from the poem Love the Wild Swan by Robinson Jeffers.)

No comments: