Thursday, April 24, 2014

The sky rolls in and out on its journey

I'm not sure whether this photograph is worth posting. It is of course technically flawed, shot towards the sun, with glare wiping out a lot of the detail. And as the click wheel on the LX5 is stuck I was unable to change aperture from f/2.0 which resulted in overexposure.

I should switch from aperture priority to program mode (it isn't a good idea to use aperture priority if one isn't able to change the aperture, yes?), but I'm just too lazy to change any of the settings on the LX5.

However, I feel good when I look at this photograph.

(Posting title is from the poem Lauderdale by Laura Newbern.)

4 comments:

John D. Linn said...

>>However, I feel good when I look at this photograph.

Me too... any bright sun makes the day for me.

Juha Haataja said...

John, indeed after the dark winter it feels great to have bright sunshine. The length of day - 15 h 25 min - is already well over double what it was at the shortest.

Martina said...

Isn't to feel good when taking a photo regardless of the outcome the reason we do this? ;-)

At least as amateurs we have the freedom to simply feel good.

And yes, there is sun ... hmmmm.

Juha Haataja said...

If taking photographs makes one feel good, then one should take photographs - that isn't a bad rule to follow...