Monday, August 8, 2016

Waking or sleeping, I see a wreck

One could say that the above photograph is an LX100 selfie, as it is taken with an LX100 camera. I got today the new LX100, and set it up. Some settings are still to be done, for example the setting which makes it hard to engage the iA mode by mistake (you need to continue to push the button to engage the iA mode).

My LX100 observations were quite useful, but not all necessary tweaks were mentioned there. For example, I set the preview mode off, as well as the focus and shutter sounds. Also, the low-light focus assist lamp is off as the camera focuses quite nicely in the dark, and the lamp can be quite distracting.

In addition, I set the timeout for the sleep mode off, because the battery is quite durable (it is good for a two-hour walk) and there is no need for the camera to shut down automatically. And I have now two spare batteries (and two chargers), so I shouldn't run out of charge anyway.

Below you see photographs taken with the old and the new LX100. You probably can say which one is the old one that has the dust problem.



(Posting title is from the poem Skipper Ireson’s Ride by John Greenleaf Whittier.)

No comments: