Tuesday, January 3, 2017

That lifts my knee when I walk

The photographs were taken on December 17th. There were warning signs of moose hunt at the roadside, so I knew not to go to that direction. Earlier this autumn I had a walk in this forest, starting from the other side, and then I saw two moose, who ran away, and a bit later I met a hunter who told that they were going through the forest. I had dark blue, green and black clothing without any bright colors, not the best choice for a walk in a forest that was full of hunters with rifles.

Maybe I should say something about year 2017. One thing to remember is the great work done by organizations such as Red Cross, Unicef and Amnesty. This is more important than ever.

(Posting title is from the poem A Motor by Marvin Bell.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

Fine landscape imagery, Juha. I am a fan of such subdued lighting.

Re. 2016/17: Yes, the work of these organisations is more important than ever. And this in itself is a pity. I think all of us have to raise our voices that their work does not have to become even more important.

Juha Haataja said...

Thank you, Markus.

The world these days seems to be full of craziness, but I guess that is what being human means, and it is not that different from any other age and time. We are not clear-headed beings, no way, and even though we once in a while strive to make things right, the results are not always that good. Thus it is fortunate that sometimes we may manage to do something that helps.